Inter-faculty Minor in neuroprosthetics
Students enrolled in a master program at EPFL have the possibility to obtain an inter-faculty minor in neuroprosthetics.
This minor in neuroprosthetics covers the essential courses in neurosciences and neuroengineering in the field of neuroprosthetics, including medical applications. The programme is coordinated by Prof. José del R. Millán (School of Engineering, STI) and Prof Olaf Blanke (School of Life Sciences, SV).
In order to obtain the certificate of a Minor in Neuroprosthetics, students have to be enrolled in a master program of the EPFL and, as part of their master studies, obtain 30 credits from the list of courses counting for the minor in neuroprosthetics and ensure that 20 credits from the list of core courses are acquired within the Master’s cycle.
List of courses counting for the minor in neuroprosthetics:
List of core courses is found in section “Minors with specific lectures” of the study plan regulation:
1) a minimum of 30 credits total must be taken in the global list of courses counting for the minor
2) a minimum of 20 credits from the list of core courses are acquired within the Master’s cycle
3) a minimum of 15 credits from the list of core courses are acquired before doing the Project in Neuroprosthetics.
4) the Project in Neuroprosthetics (8 credits) is mandatory and must be done in one of the labs affiliated to the Center for Neuroprosthetics (http://cnp.epfl.ch/labs).
5) if a student wants to account an optional “Lab Immersion” in the minor, it has to be done in one of the EPFL labs affiliated (http://cnp.epfl.ch/labs) or associated (http://cnp.epfl.ch/associated) to the Center for Neuroprosthetics.
- It is highly recommended to students without background in Life Sciences to follow the course in Cellular biology and biochemistry for engineers.
- Minor in Neuroprosthetics in the study plan
- List of core courses 14-15
- List of core courses 15-16
- List of core courses 16-17